Re: cgen class/package attributes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:19:04 EDT

    >> [OT] How about we kill the default single class template all together.
    >> One has to really hate himself and his peers to use it on a project.
    >
    > That's fine with me.
    >
    > However, we still need a "single file" cgen option for generating other
    > files from the model.
    >
    > Maybe we can make "template" non-optional when makepairs=false.

    That's what I was thinking too.

    Here is an extention of this idea: the goal is to support 1..N custom or
    "standard" templates. So how about we make design the GUI around this
    idea. Class generation dialog would have two tabs - "Standard" and
    "Custom"

    Standard Tab will be our standard "subclass/superclass" pair with no
    template customization option. It will only allow to specify the target
    directory.

    Custom tab will allow from 1 to N templates, each with a number of
    options. Option number one would be to select a template from Cayenne
    template collection or provide a custom template. "Cayenne collection" can
    include all three templates we have now (so we won't be removing single
    class option, just taking it from the "standard" dialog), and we can add
    more templates as we go (e.g. "editors" for Struts, Swing, Tapestry,
    etc...)

    Andrus