Re: cgen class/package attributes

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 10:40:58 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Here is an extention of this idea: the goal is to support 1..N custom or
    > "standard" templates. So how about we make design the GUI around this
    > idea. Class generation dialog would have two tabs - "Standard" and
    > "Custom"
    >
    > Standard Tab will be our standard "subclass/superclass" pair with no
    > template customization option. It will only allow to specify the target
    > directory.
    >
    > Custom tab will allow from 1 to N templates, each with a number of
    > options. Option number one would be to select a template from Cayenne
    > template collection or provide a custom template. "Cayenne collection" can
    > include all three templates we have now (so we won't be removing single
    > class option, just taking it from the "standard" dialog), and we can add
    > more templates as we go (e.g. "editors" for Struts, Swing, Tapestry,
    > etc...)

    Sounds good to me. I'm concentrating on the internals side of things and
    hadn't made any plans to work on the GUI end.
    I do everything using the ant cgen task because, up to now, that was the
    only way to do it.
    Also, since my last project was a converted EOModel, I didn't have much need
    to change the model.
    However, my new project (from scratch) is having me spend a lot more time
    inside the modeler.