Re: SCM Repository

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 15:37:27 EDT

    On Sep 13, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Argh.. According to their website, SourceForge "fixes" pserver
    > access almost every month. I guess there is no more hope this will
    > ever happen.
    >
    > As for the "strong mentality", I like Subversion too. My only
    > concern is Subclipse plugin quality. While CVS plugin for Eclipse
    > makes CVS limitations next to invisible, from my earlier experience
    > Subclipse had so many problems of its own, that I had to use
    > command line most of the time ...

    Perhaps I was mistaken then. FWIW, in the past three releases,
    Subclipse has advanced tremendously. I urge you to give it a go.

    > svn status |grep "^\?" |awk '{print $2}' |xargs svn add
    >
    > fun, isn't it :-)

    You and Michael with your voodoo tools.

    > Latest feedback on that isn't very reassuring either:
    >
    > http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/
    > 2005/06/0026.html
    >
    > Other than that, it is was mainly sysadmin concerns, nothing along
    > the lines of "cvs vs. svn". I guess I should try Subclipse again.
    > If the experience is bearable, it may become a strong enough
    > incentive to do the switch.

    Like I said, 0.9.33 is really quite good. It bundles JavaSVN now
    too, so if you have JavaHL headaches, you can always just use JavaSVN
    and get rid of them.

    --
    Kevin