Re: SCM Repository

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 16:36:02 EDT

    Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > I've got what I think is the latest version of Subclipse installed now
    > (0.9.34), and comparision using it is still very weak.
    >
    > I can't compare to a specific particular tag or branch, only to the
    > latest version in svn or to the version I checked out (I'm guessing
    > that's what "base revision" represents since it has no options).

    Hmm . . . guess it's a use case I've never come across. Like I said, it
    works fine for my needs. You guys would be the best judges for
    Cayenne's needs.

    As another possible option, I just saw that Perforce has free licenses
    for OSS. I've never used it, but it is decentralized, which would be a
    very nice feature. E.g., when I was working on the XML stuff, it was a
    pain in the neck. Luckily, Eclipse's local history helped out a bit,
    but I was basically writing code for about a month with no real way of
    checkpointing stuff. Perforce has integration with IDEA and I'm pretty
    sure they have an Eclipse plugin, although once again, I haven't use it.

    --
    Kevin