Re: SCM Repository

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 09:22:01 EDT

    On 9/23/05, Mike Kienenberger <mkienen..mail.com> wrote:
    > I've got what I think is the latest version of Subclipse installed now
    > (0.9.34), and comparision using it is still very weak.
    >
    > I can't compare to a specific particular tag or branch, only to the
    > latest version in svn or to the version I checked out (I'm guessing
    > that's what "base revision" represents since it has no options).

    Are you using the team sync view? You can only compare to baseline in
    the team sync, but in other views, you can diff arbitrarily. The team
    sync view is only intended for the moment of commit, and its diffs are
    on the file you'd be commiting against (technically always "BASE" in
    SVN parlance, but not always the latest revision if you are in a
    branch)

    Using the latest, I can pull up diff's just fine - though using the
    default SVN client, I can't actually use the diffs effectively. It
    shows me having effectively changed every line in the file. I like my
    diff's a little finer grained :) Switching the client fixed that...

    Cris