Re: Cayenne 1.2 + PostgreSQL

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 22:17:31 EDT

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:57:26 -0400, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > Yeah, this level of control would be cool... This feature has been
    > pending implementation since 1.1 I think...
    >
    > Andrus
    >

    > On Sep 6, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Gentry, Michael ((Contractor)) wrote:
    >
    >> Or just have an option in the modeler to choose which scheme to use and
    >> let the adapter use the original or new scheme based on the setting?

    I just started looking into this. I'm thinking there should be a
    pk_generator attribute of the node element that specifies a class name,
    much like the adapter and factory attributes. Backwards compatibility can
    be supported by assuming the current default PK generators. So far, so
    good. However, I'm not sure how to access the DataNode instance from the
    DbAdapter classes without modifying the interface. Is there some way of
    doing this? I suspect there and I just can't find it.

    Thanks,
    Kevin