Re: PostgreSQL & NULL values

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 13:30:33 EDT

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:40:18 -0400, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > One last thing I can recommend is upgrade the driver. If this doesn't
    > work, open a bug report with your test code.

    Sure enough, that did it. I was using the 8.0-309-jdbc3 driver that
    shipped with postgresql 8. Updating to 8.0-313-jdbc3 seems to have taken
    care of the issue. Sorry for not trying that first. I'm still not
    totally sure what caused the problem to appear in one version of Cayenne
    but not another. According to the change log, a problem was fixed with in
    8.0-311-jdbc3 that may be related:

    "Support setNull(x, Types.BLOB) and CLOB, reported by Tore Halset. (jurka)
    Thanks to Tore Halset."

    But I was clearly able to use nullable clobs in 1.2 M5.

    Anyway, thanks for the help.

    --
    Kevin