Re: CVS reorg notice [Was: Mixing JDK 1.4 and 1.5 in development]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 08:11:36 EST

    This sounded too simple, and this is because I was wrong. Building
    with JDK 1.5 and setting compiler level to 1.4 correctly reports a
    problem with this code:

        List<String> list = new ArrayList<String>();

    but not this code:

        StringBuilder b = new StringBuilder();

    So I had to introduce "test-1_4" build target to the main build file.
    Its main purpose is to allow nightly build script to do an extra
    regression pass using JDK 1.4, detecting bad code, before creating a
    final build with JDK 1.5. But of course this target can be used in
    development as well.

    Andrus