RE: Java 5

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 22:39:20 EDT

    I think I'll poll the user list and see how many actually use 1.4 still
    anyway. It'd be educational.

    So far, I think Ari made the best point in that I wouldn't want to hold
    the 3.0 release up for this. It's more that if it doesn't happen now, I
    suspect it won't for a couple years. That's not necessarily terrible,
    but generics would be nice for sure and the new concurrent API could
    yield significant speed improvements.

    --
    Kevin