Re: Confluence Site Generation

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 02:36:59 EDT

    On 05/08/2007, at 1:06 PM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:

    > This is a bit off topic, but I wanted to know how the Cayenne web site
    > is generated from Confluence, it is only part of the site the /docs or
    > is it the whole thing?

    Every time a page is edited a plugin to Confluence runs which exports
    that page to a folder on people.apache.org. That gets rysnced to the
    web site every hour or so. That plugin is where the site design is
    applied to the pages as well, as it allowed for a templated output,
    however there are a bunch of limitations in the templates so we
    should keep an eye out for improvements there.

    The other limitation is that it appears pages are never deleted by
    this mechanism and that indirect changes do not have effect. For
    instance new news on the front page does not seem to appear unless
    you 'touch' the front page to have it regenerate.

    The Confluence spaces: CAYDOC, CAYDOC12, CAYDOC2, CAYSITE are all
    exported in this way. There is a little script which puts them all
    into the right places within the html folder.

    The other part of the site is the Javadocs for trunk (3.0) which are
    generated nightly by a script on people.apache.org.

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8