Re: Plans for the future (aka 3.1 roadmap)

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 17:51:35 EST

    Love Roberts POJO comments. I have always found it hypocritical, that
    the Hibernate guys managed to kill off JDO, partially using the
    argument that JDO use post processing to enhance classes so they are
    not pure "POJO". Then Hibernate found out that reflection performance
    sucked and switched over to using runtime byte code enhancement. Now
    how is that session connected, byte code enhanced subclass a POJO.

    I am not saying that the concept of a POJO is bad, but imagine trying
    to build a Swing application with POJO's where you had to use
    annotations for everything.

    regards Malcolm Edgar