accessing cayenne sessions

From: Cyp her (cypher6..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 09:52:16 EDT

    Hi

    I am a newbie to Cayenne but I have been developing with WebObjects for a
    few years and though I would try something open source. I have been reading
    a few articles on getting the DataContext namely this one
    http://www.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC/Web+Applications but it
    still leaves me a little bit confused.

    My set up is Cayenne with Tapestry deployed to JBoss using Eclipse as the
    development platform. So my questions are

    * What is the best way of retrieving the session context (DataContext) on a
    given page and tracking the changes over a workflow and eventually
    committing the changes or discarding them?

    * Can I do the same using Tapestry to achieve the same results i.e. are
    there any Tapestry calls for getting the Session

    * Are there any convenient methods for accessing the Session like in
    WebObjects where there is a session class in the application?

    * I have read some people opt to use Tapestry, Spring and Hibernate. What
    are the advantages if there are any and can you use Tapestry, Spring and
    Cayenne?

    Thank you very much for your help and apologies if all the answersw are
    somewhere in this mailing list.

    Lawrence