comons-logging (was Re: Updating dependent libs)

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 06:26:19 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>I guess we should remove Log4J dependencies from public Cayenne API and
    >>at least eliminate Log4J bundling and keep commons logging under the
    >>hood. Of course with deprecation and all that...

    It really seems to be mostly search & replace - I can start with that, but
    the "public API" bit is turning out to be a problem. Mostly any classes
    that allow access to the logging level (log4j.Level) also expose it in one
    way or another and commons-loging has (rightly so) no replacement. Not
    sure what to do about these cases (like QueryLogger, RuntimeLoadDelegate)
     but I can start with the easy ones if nobody objects.

    -h